Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Journey to Blogging Riches Pt 2

Ok so recapping where we left off last time. My goal was to generate 100 visitors a day and my dilemma was how was I going to do that? Also, I needed more content for the blog.

First thing I did was to join google analytics. Google analytics allows you to view how many people have visited your site and where they are coming from. Furthermore, you're able to see which keywords were punched in that resulted in a visit to your site.

Secondly, I joined Technorati. Technorati is like a google for blogs. You submit your site and they index your blog on their site making your articles available for others to link to. The more high ranking pages that link to you, the more visible your blog is which means more visitors and hopefully more money.

So far, this has been ok. I have had 3 page visits, all being unique so something must be working for me.

I'll leave this for a few days and see what sort of traffic I get but I'm pretty sure I'll need to keep submitting my blog to similar sites for better traffic.

I've also started a facebook group! Please Join my Facebook group and let me know how you're going with your own project or offer some advice to the readers.

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template